Sunday 23 November 2014

Can I see some ID please


As any regular readers to my blog know, I'm a big fan of LeBron and his Nike shoe line. But If I'm honest I wasn't that impressed when I first saw the LeBron 12. The 'NSRL' version was the first that leaked and I wasn't really feeling the shape and colour blocking. However I changed my mind when I saw the 'Heart of a Lion' colour-way. The solid red upper and white posite work really well and give the shoe a completely different feel. I was all set to get a pair, and then they announced the Nike ID release.

Heart of a Lion LeBron 12 (Photo from Nike.com)

I'd resisted making an ID pair of the LeBron 11, but the availability of Cavaliers colours for the 12 really sold it too me. So I took the parts I liked fron the 'Heart of the Lion'  and switched in some Cavs colours. I went with the solid upper, in a maroon, with the white posite and a gold/yellow swoosh (see the ID render at the top). To give them a bit of pop I added some blue details. I've always liked when the Cavs use blue (see here), and although it still features in the logo I think its under used at the moment.

I got an email to say they started making the shoe yesterday, so hopefully they'll arrive before Christmas. Now if the Cavs could just win some games.

No comments: